When it comes to Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, some travelers have one main question on their minds: Do airlines have Black Friday deals? Why yes, yes they do. And we are here to share the best airfare offers we have spied.
Just because it’s a deal doesn’t mean we don’t have standards. That’s why we were particularly excited when we found out that some of the world’s best airlines were rolling out Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions this year.
Take $100 off JetBlue round-trip fares
For two days only, you can save $100 on round-trip fares per person on JetBlue flights. To nab these savings, use the promo code “CYBER” when booking directly through jetblue.com between November 29 and 30, 2021. Using that code, we were able to find a $248 round-trip fare from New York (JFK) to San Francisco with nonstop (and non red-eye!) flights over Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend in 2022.
This offer is only valid on nonstop flights only and doesn’t apply to transatlantic flights or previous bookings. A minimum spend of $100 on each one-way segment (excluding taxes and fees) is required.
$599 to Italy on Emirates
Emirates Airline, which consistently ranks as one of the top international carriers, is having a Cyber Monday sale that includes these tempting round-trip international fares:
- New York City (JFK) to Milan, Italy: From $599
- JFK or Washington, D.C., to Bangkok, Thailand: From $819
- Los Angeles to Cairo, Egypt: From $679
- Washington, D.C., to Maldives: From $779
- Miami or Orlando, Florida, to Dubai: From $719
The sale kicked off on November 29 and runs through December 3. It applies to travel that takes place between January 11 and April 30, 2022, subject to availability.
Fly Hawaiian Airlines for as little as $99 from the mainland U.S.
Hawaiian Airlines is offering Main Cabin fares for as low as $99 one way between Honolulu and San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. Dates vary by route, but generally fall between January to February or March 2022 (check the sale page for more specifics).
Delta’s great points offer
Delta Air Lines is also hoping to get holiday (travel) shoppers in the spirit with some special pricing for Delta SkyMiles members who are looking to cash in on their points.
The promotional fares include:
- Domestic round-trip flights starting at 7,000 miles (plus taxes and fees): Destinations include Miami, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles (book by November 30 for travel from January 10 to February 28, 2022)
- Round-trip flights to Latin American and the Caribbean starting at 12,000 miles (plus taxes and fees): Destinations includes U.S. Virgin Islands, Belize, and the Bahamas (book by November 30 for travel from January 5 to February 28, 2022)
- Round-trip flights to Europe in Delta Premium Select starting at 100,000 miles (plus taxes and fees): Destinations include London, Amsterdam, Paris, and Madrid (book by November 30 for travel through May 6, 2022)
Europe-bound Delta passengers (whether they are SkyMiles members or not) can also snag a Comfort+ upgrade for $200 on flights to London, Amsterdam, and Paris, among other destinations in Europe (seats must be purchased by November 30 for travel through May 6, 2022).
British Airways is offering flights+hotels for a steal
If London is calling, British Airways (in partnership with American Airlines) this week launched a Cyber Week sale, too, for flight-and-hotel packages and flight-and-car-rental packages to London and other destinations in the United Kingdom. Sample deals include:
- Los Angeles to London from $799: Includes round-trip flights and five nights at the Holiday Inn London Kensington
- New York (JFK) to Edinburgh from $679: Includes round-trip flights to Edinburgh via London and a seven-day car rental
The promotion lasts until November 29 for travel that takes place by June 30.
Additional sales from Icelandair, Fiji Airways, and others
If you want more, more, more flight deals, don’t despair. Travel booking site Hopper has compiled some additional airlines that are having Cyber Week promotions including:
- Ireland’s Aer Lingus: Up to $200 off economy fares and up to $300 off business class fares from the United States to destinations throughout Europe through Tuesday, November 30
- Fiji Airways: Promotional fares from Los Angeles (from $799), San Francisco (from $749), and Hawai‘i (from $649) through Monday, November 29
- Icelandair: Snag flights to Iceland and other European destinations from the U.S. for as little as $349 round trip through December 2. Travel dates are January 10 through May 14, 2022.
- Kenya Airways: Discounts on flights to Africa through Monday, November 29, including New York to Accra for just $856 and Boston to Nairobi for $692
- TAP Air Portugal: Through November 30, use promo code “FRIDAY21USD” to get a 20 percent discount on flights to Europe and Africa from the U.S.
Happy booking, travelers.
International COVID-19 rules and restrictions
Before traveling internationally, Americans should check the U.S. State Department’s detailed COVID-19 travel information and country-specific advisories and should be aware that all international passengers age two and older flying into the U.S. (including returning U.S. citizens and permanent residents) must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding their flight.
The CDC also has detailed recommendations for travel during the pandemic, both for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
This article was originally published on November 23, 2021; it was updated on November 26, 2021, and again on November 29, 2021, with updated sale information.
>> Next: French Bee Just Launched $189 Flights to Paris
Products we write about are independently vetted and recommended by our editors. AFAR may earn a commission if you buy through our links, which helps support our independent publication.