There is nothing more fulfilling than exchanging gifts with your loved ones on special occasions. The ritual of exchanging gifts not only brightens your occasion but also strengthens your bond with them. Choosing the perfect gift can even cause real stress for us. A gift search might require you to spend hours on your laptop searching for the perfect gift on an online gift portal; other times, you may have to go to places like shopping centers when looking for a gift. Here, custom gifts come to the rescue. Personalized gifts UK is an example for the United Kingdom.
This list of occasions for celebration, along with their meanings, will help you get a sense of gift-giving traditions that are still alive today:
- Birthdays: Birthdays are a celebration of the day someone is born. We give gifts to new babies, children, and adolescents throughout their childhood. There are many milestone birthdays such as the 16th, 18th, 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, and beyond which are actively celebrated these days. They are usually celebrated with friends and family with gifts being given to the individual. The office also celebrates birthdays with birthday cards and cupcakes. Some offices have extended lunches or happy hours after work.
- Engagement: Engagement is a celebration of the agreement between two parties to marry. Family and friends are often invited to an engagement party to celebrate the engagement. The couple is typically expected to receive a gift for their new home.
- Bridal Shower: Wedding showers are celebrations for the bride and groom to be, in which friends and family gather to celebrate the impending wedding. Gifts are definitely an important part of this celebration. For example, personalized gifts UK for her is a common practice in the United Kingdom.
- Wedding: A wedding is a ceremony celebrating a marriage. Family and friends may or may not attend. The gifts given at a wedding celebration will vary according to traditions in the family. Some people give money to honor this momentous occasion while others give gifts to the newlyweds. It is very satisfying to know that you are giving someone a gift that they want when starting their married life. Gift registries are very popular for this very important occasion.
- Bridal Showers: Showers are held for expectant mothers when women and their friends get together to exchange gifts for the baby. Today, showers are becoming big family and friend gatherings where all are invited.
- Newborn Baby: A newborn baby is considered to be between the age of birth and 4 weeks old. It is during this time that many who wish to congratulate the parents and meet the child will generally offer a small gift. This can be a soft toy, clothing, jewelry, etc.
As a society, we communicate through emails, text messages, and social media. It is crucial to understand why we give gifts. If you received an invitation to attend a celebration, you were expected to bring a gift. The exchange of gifts usually occurs between the two parties celebrating their respective holidays.